sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_annual.thumb.jpg.3fc34f695a81b16210333189a3162ac7.jpg

Its handy ... useful ... but a compromise, it can never replace a set of dedicated EPs.

Theirs a thread here somewhere about the Seben zoom, very similar to the one you are looking at.

Quite a few happy users on there!

I have one of these. I mostly use it for white light sun observation with a Baader sun filter. The zoom has no click stops and is infinitely variable within its range. As has been noted by others the field is quite small (40 degrees I believe) at the 24mm setting, but by the time the 18mm setting is reached the field is much more respectable and is probably a fair advance over that of a similar 18mm Plossl. Used in a fast scope (f5) stars become streaky in the outer 30% of the view. For the price they are reasonable eyepieces.

EDIT Whoopee! 100 posts.

Edited by coulthamst

Do you think it's worth getting then?

Right now, as far as eyepieces are concerned, I have a 25mm eyepiece and a 10mm eyepiece plus a 2X Barlow lens.

Will it work well with my Mercury707 and how would it be in a Skyliner 200P?

Hi it looks exactly the same as the Seben zoom, which is surprisingly good, especially for under £48 delivered!!!

There is another thread about the Seben and its quality has given a number of people a good,big surprise.

IMHO go for the Seben from e-bay.

Hi Ganymede 12 - yes your link is to the correct eyepice - I have been following the reviews of it on here and have it added to my Amazon Wishlist so can confirm it's the right one.

What I can't say is anything specific about it's use with the 200P, if you search you should be able to find the thread it was called something like 'seben zoom 8-24' & see what scope the people reviewing it were using. I was looking from my perspective and nothing i saw indicated it would be horrible with my 250 f4.7 and I think your 200 may be slightly slower and so more forgiving but best to check for yourself if you can find the thread.

Hope this helps