Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moonlite focuser on 200p help.

Anyone use a Moonlite CR2 attached to a blue tube 200p EQ5? I want to replace my stock r&p focuser with the Moonlite CR2 from FLO, mainly so there is little drilling and cutting into my OTA required, as Moonlite sell base plates to fit most diameter OTA's. I do imaging with my DSLR at the moment as well as observing, and have a couple of questions:-

Does the focuser require an additional adapter for my Canon t-ring?

FLO sell the moonlite in various draw tube lengths and it says in the description that 38mm is best for visual so the draw tube does not enter the OTA. Therefore should I get the 38mm draw tube, and will I then need an extension tube for eyepieces to get focus?

If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it, the R&P focuser that I have at the moment has so much play, and it is very difficult to get good focus as the draw tube yaw's when you attempt to fine tune focus with the focus knobs.

Many thanks.

Adam.

I fitted a CR1 and used the installation kit on my 300p flextube. Assembly was quite straight forward and does not require drilling. There are several spacer options supplied with the installtion kit and so without the addition of the 1.5" extender tube, you could try assembling the 1" spacer. Once assembled they are easy to change if you need to.

However I purchased the 1.5" extender tube with my 50mm standard CR1 - only intend to use for visual and it has reached focus in all my eyepiece range. The focuser is of course excellent in build quality, the only annoying thing is that it was not supplied with a dust cap, which has to be sourced separately.

Sorry I cannot help with adapter for Cannon t ring.

Archived