Hi from Manchester

bluenoes

Hi Im Andy in Manchester.

Getting back into astronomy after many years since I last had a telescope.

Picking up a second hand SkyWatcher 150P tonight like this one http://www.firstlightoptics.com/reflectors/skywatcher-explorer-150p-eq3-2.html

Its a big difference to the last one I had which from memory was just a simple tasco scope on a desktop tripod! Probably take me ages to work out how to use it, but looking forward to it all the same.

Living in Manchester probably isnt the best place to view the night sky, especially when the garden is surrounded by trees! So will be trying to find places to take the scope, set it up and have a look up :) Any recommendations welcome :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for all the welcomes :)

Im near Fallowfield, on the parkway :shocked:

Collecting the scope from Leeds tonight after work, but got a busy weekend ahead though, so not sure if I'll get chance to have a good play with it :sad: Probably be raining anyway knowing Manchester

Hi Andy and welcome to SGL, I should have a look for your nearest local Astro group, they should be able to help with some dark sites, if you are mobile, as it will make a big difference to the Manchester light pollution, you will also be able to mix with like minded people, enjoy your Astronomy :)

John.

Archived