Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Closing in on the Eagle...

ollypenrice

Yves has been at the helm for this one but the processing is mine here. 7 hours of Ha in 15 minute subs with the Mesu Mount 200 making light work of the 2.4 metres of FL as usual.

(This mount is ridiculously good. It is far and away the best I've ever used and probably the best I've ever seen in use. I cannot remember having dropped a sub in months. It's now 7 months since we installed it and it has not been touched since then.) I think we have to say that the ODK14 is a bit good as well!)

Eagle-7-Hrs-Ha-XL.jpg

and a crop of the Claw,

Eagle-7-Hrs-Ha-Claw-L.jpg

That's the easy bit done. Now for the hard part, RGB and O111 and how to combine them!

Olly

.... I cannot remember having dropped a sub in months. It's now 7 months since we installed it and it has not been touched since then.....

That's my experience as well

my kit hasn't been touched in months.. :clouds2:

lovely image.. and making me seriously wonder about getting a mesu at some point.

Derek

Lovely stuff Olly. I can see the billowing cloud on the main pillar, or claw. I don't think I have seen many Eagle neb images with O3. Is there much signal there in O3?

Tom.

Dunno!! We'll find out tonight, but the Hubble Palette is a classic on this so I guess there must be some. Yves is after 30 min subs so we can cancel after the first one if it looks pointless...

Olly

I agree on Olly's being the better one, mine got completely contrasty after upload on the dutch forum ... hate the post processing they seem to do, though sometimes it's fine and nothing happens.

Yves

Wow that's cracking already. Looking forward to the Ha OIII RGB version.

After my own attempts to capture this beauty, I can't wait to see what's possible on that setup with the combined skills of Olly and Yves.

What kind of sub-lengths, quantity are you planning for the other shots ?

Thanks all. We now have more data in Ha and the resolution is much improved. The pair of double stars upper right of the claw is resolved to show a fifth star. Great capturing by Yves, there. We'll soon be starting on the five-layer version.

Olly

Archived