Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Kain

Tonights Moon Images

Well after having a real cack day, getting into abit of trouble and then finding a bat with a busted shoulder I'm feeling abit down in the dumps and depressed. Rather tham mope about feeling like poo, I decided to get the scope out and try to image and identify some craters. I did this for a while until the moon came out.

So heres the pictures.

MoonAugh28001.jpg

Moon - 62x

Mcrisium.jpg

Mare Crisium with Promonitorium Agarum just showing (red dot)

Langrenus.jpg

Langrenus (green dot)

Petavius.jpg

Petavius and Rimae Petavius (yellow dot)

Dots.jpg

Where on the moon you can find these fetures.

Really pleased with these, especally as I haven't taken the scope out in months, let alone imaged the moon.

The close up shots was taken at 125x. I have no fancy gizmos to image, I just hold my A70 at the eyepiece and hope for the best!

Kain

Really nice images Kain, always impressed with the shots taken by holding up a camera to the eyepiece as I know how tricky that is!

Like the labelling too, very useful and informative!

Thanks for sharing :wink:

Great results again Kain with that faithful handheld camera of yours. I don't know how the hell you do it.

If your hands are that steady, you ought to go in for a surgeons post in a hospital somewhere near you :wink:

he moon's just on the wane now isn't it. I know it was totally eclipsed the other day, but only seen from the Americas and other places not including europe.

Ron. :D

First time I've seen someone do the location identifiers thing - excellent - helps dunces like me alot!

Not the easiest method of capturing good images, so you did well to get that quality of image.

Well done:

Dave