Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep29_banner.thumb.jpg.da7f3b163f7bd35187cb558b0346baf6.jpg

I think you've done so well there. It's hard to imagine that it might be done better with the same kit.

James

I don't think I'd like to try with a x2.5 Barlow on the scope :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos and me for the content

I don't think I'd like to try with a x2.5 Barlow on the scope :)

Nail that and you'd not only be able to see the astronauts waving, you'd be able to tell which one was which :)

James

It would have to be tracked at that magnification or even at 60fps you might not catch a frame of the ISS.

Interesting challenge :)

a tidied image from the transit. It's drizzled by 1.5 to increase the size of the image. I'm not sure I like the effect I can see if I pixel peep but it will do for now :)

dmk21_20120711_123747.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry guys I know this is an old thread but given the long days are upon us and not many people can get out under the stars at night due to early morning work commitments I thought this thread was well worth a bump to show any new comers that there is one star that is sometimes overlooked (as were told never to look at the sun from an early age) in astronomy but can with the apropriate safety filters offer some wow moments even when it's not dark.

• Like 1

Well worth bumping.. no need to apologise at all.. Nearly a year on I'm still gobsmacked by this one.. I'm still dreaming of achieving focus with my DMK on the PST let alone if I ever get close to a blurr... well worth another 10 of these.... :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut: :icon_salut:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now