Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Surprise clear skies?

Shibby

Who bought new gear? It was clear at about half ten with the forecast showing good through the night, but then I stuck my head out the window at midnight to see clouds everywhere and a forecast that had changed to no clear skies until 4am :clouds1:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just finished a good 2 hrs session. Sky was reasonably clear from around 12, but the moon was up. Nevertheless it could be worse. As usual, there are always some problem with equipments after long period of inactivity.

The finder on my C6 was way out of alignment and it took a while before I realise just how badly it was out (>4deg). I was wondering why it was so hard to find M13 because it's usually quite easy, but thanks to me fiddling with the finder holder during the cloudy days and night the scope was pointed at a completely different part of the sky. .

After I fixed that finder, it was M13 and the moon. M13 was good, but the moon was a bit low and air was a bit turbulent. Still it could be cloudy.

Finally some observations :)

Glad you got some astronomy done Keith :)

I was also glad I stuck it out, the skies cleared just before 1am then stayed nice and clear. But I only managed around an hour of imaging due to similar gremlins & rustiness! My finderguider was way out of focus (I must have moved the focalising ring thingy for planetary imaging) and various battery problems.

Still, glad to achieve anything at all at last. At least these niggles will be sorted for next time!

Archived