SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Big Bang.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Besides Big Bang, I found another theory called "Big Crunch" too. It's about the end of the universe, which states that when the internal energy of the universe ends up, it stops expanding but it starts to shrink, which is caused by the gravity of the objects in the universe. Finally, the universe ends up its life.

However, I am not sure whether this is true or not, as I only found this theory from one material only.

Ah, another fan of the Edge. Great website (or should I say "intellectual salon" - Scottish readers please imagine me doing the hands under the chin thing from Chewing the Fat).

Just read the article and was impressed, but what do I know about cosmology. :?

Martin

Ah, this is the basis for antigravity machines. I tried it. It works as long as the cat is less than a few meters above the ground. Anything lower than that, or higher than 1km and things get ugly....and animal rights groups get uglier.

No cats were harmed during this post.

I discovered, when I was quite young, that a cat can land rightside up from about 18" (45cm).

A friend of mine is pagan. He believes, or teaches anyway, that the universe came about as the result of a copulation between the god and the goddess. So, the pagans had the Big Bang theory first.

• 3 weeks later...

According to "The Year of Living Biblically" by A.J. Jacobs, a Jewish agnostic, the people at the Creation Museum are very nice people.

Perhaps they are but someone saying that someone else is very nice does not stop them from being wrong about almost everything. (There were some very eminent religious people who said Hitler was nice)

The point here is that our tiny little brains are not built to comprehend either universe option, either its infinite or finite, and according to some of my esteemed colleagues, anyone that claims to know or understand such topics ..... doesn't.

I simply cannot grasp the concept that we all came about from nothing but that does not mean I need to believe in fairies or try and fit all the evidence we do have into what I can understand.

When I look to the sky I see very beautiful things (well I used to until the clouds took permanent residence) and each time I begin to understand a little more about even less than I did before the night began.

Archived