First Telescope

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dan,

Just a quick thought....

You said before that you'd like to do DSLR photography, but now it seems it isnt an option, although i'm not sure why. Because if your budget hasnt gone down drastaically, and you buy, say, a smaller scope like the EVOSTAR 90 with a sufficient mount, then those kind of scopes are exeptional for deepsky AP with DSLR's. There is a larger expense, as always - DSLR's aren't cheap - but a decent refractor mounted well on an eq-mount, possibly motor driven and with some colour filters can produce amazing nebula and galaxy pics and be small high quality but with an option to stick a barlow on and view from your backyard the planets - webcam image them too. It seemed to me to be your original plan, thats all.

Let me know how you feel, and how your search is coming along

Regards

Aenima

HI Dan,

just wanted you to check out the post - M13 and M57 with a 150p - to see what that scope is capable of doing when its motored and DSLR'd and a relative newcomer to the DSO imaging skills. Great pics, and there is ot much difference in size to the 130p, too.

Regards

Jay

It's worth thinking about. They are hugely popular and for the same aperture they get great results, not sure of the budget regarding mounting it goes, though. I believe they're mostly used with Goto type mounts. I'd like one of them myself if i had the bucks.

Regards

Aenima

Hi Dan,

Just thought i'd say you should post some stuff, questions or whatever, so your post number goes up and your profile status improves - PM's dont count, so stick some of your queries in a post.

You'll likely get answers you might not have otherwise, never know.

Regards

Aenima

Archived