Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Weather

zakkhogan

Its was close their for awhile this evening,

glad i held of setting my scope up, their was a nice patch of high pressure keeping over basildon for the past hour, you could see the clouds on the horizons, and the seemed to be being kept at bay, but alas it looks like tonights chance has vanished....

here's hoping

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cool: <--- My impressed face..... any one up for a new hobbie, i thought i might give Cloud spotting ago,

Knowing my luck when i get my new "Cumulonimbus Spotter X10000" it'll be blue skies and i'll never get to become chairman of the "Campaign For Grey Skies" ..

wish me luck fellas

As mentioned earlier, the only real saving grace is its mid-year so short nights - but still, I love sitting outside until 3am/4am as the skies start to lighten in warm summer months drinking coffee and listening to the radio on my ipad (I love the small speakers in the iPad as it makes the radio sound like the little old transistor radios I listened to in bed as a kid).. Still, roll on August with its slightly darker evenings and hopefully better weather. Struggling to remember the last time I had my scope out :(

I'm seriously considering printing a 2mm Jupiter and a 1.5mm Saturn and sticking them on the fence at the end of the garden just for something to practice on!

We did that in between rainstorms at a summer fayre last weekend. Solar observing went off the cards, but people were happy just looking through a scope at something.

We did that in between rainstorms at a summer fayre last weekend. Solar observing went off the cards, but people were happy just looking through a scope at something.

It would appear that I'm not quite as mad as I thought!

hey guys sorry been off the radar a bit ! i CANNOT believe this weather - our garden is flooded - actual surface water :(

since i bought the scope we have had the wettest 2 months on record..... surely this isn't all my fault !

Its not all your fault, i recently bought a new scope and camera

Archived