Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher HEQ5 v HEQ5 Syntrek v HEQ5 PRO

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After reading the confusion regarding cables we have updated our Skywatcher Synscan V3 Handset product description. The handset can now be purchased alone or with a cable to suit either HEQ5 or NEQ6 (Syntrek & PRO) mounts. We stock only the official Skywatcher cable but I dare-say cheaper generic cables are available.

Oh, and we have lowered the price :smiley:

Hope that helps,

Steve

The AZ handset will work with the EQ mount provided that you also reflash it with the latest firmware (V3.30.29). The firmware is not an official release as yet but is available on the Skywatcher website http://www.skywatche...s1=1&class2=101 . The firmware combines the AZ and EQ firmwares into one file and allows you to use the same handset for both types of mounts. The firmware detects the type of mount it is connected to and loads the appropriate alignment routine on start-up. To use your handset on the EQ mount you will need to purchase a CAT5 network cable.

Thanks for the information re synscan handsets - I am in a similiar position to Gimmec and welcomed this info!!

Could I expand the thread to cover the EQ6 variants too please? The heq6 and the eq6 syntrek are one and the same (ones on flo website at an rate) other than the handset? Confusion reigns with skywatcher naming convention!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could I expand the thread to cover the EQ6 variants too please? The heq6 and the eq6 syntrek are one and the same (ones on flo website at an rate) other than the handset? Confusion reigns with skywatcher naming convention!

No problem :smiley:

This thread was based on a similar post at our FLO Blog so I will write another to cover the NEQ6 variants, then update this thread too.

But, essentially the same comments apply regarding the NEQ6 Syntrek & PRO's imaging capabilities compared to the regular EQ6 model.

Archived