SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

So I came home from work . . .

andyc277

On my way home from work i got a call from my better half

"DArling, do you mind getting your birthday present today, I cant physically move it out of the Kitchen?"

"Okay, I guess so".

At that point my mind was racing to suss out what on earth i was getting.

I get home to find . . .

2 Large boxes with the words "Skywatcher" printed on the side. (you hadnt guessed where i was going had you!!!)

Having tried to lift one box i nearly put my back out, I hadnt realised how heavy the box would be for the stand.

So ahving unwrapped it all I am now the owner of a brand spanking new SW 200p with EQ5. Shame the weather is pants. I still need to work out how to balance it properly and how to orientate and navigate with it. But nevertheless i have a very shiny new toy to play with.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all, it is one of the better presents ive had.

One problem i have found, i cant get the scope completely vertical or horizontal. The bar at the front that the declination bolt goes through stops the range of movement. There are little stop bars on the back that suggest it should rotate as far as them, but it only gets to 1/2in prior to it before the bar at the front impedes it. Am i set up right or is there something im missing. The reason being im trying to follow the instructions for balancing.

Thanks all, it is one of the better presents ive had.

One problem i have found, i cant get the scope completely vertical or horizontal. The bar at the front that the declination bolt goes through stops the range of movement. There are little stop bars on the back that suggest it should rotate as far as them, but it only gets to 1/2in prior to it before the bar at the front impedes it. Am i set up right or is there something im missing. The reason being im trying to follow the instructions for balancing.

Hi can you put a photo in I think I had work out why .

It looks right to me, you shouldn't need to change it from 54 (apart from slight adjustments during polar alignment) unless you take it far afield.

OK from the photo it looks right and I can see that you can get latitude of 54 ok, Set your mount to 54 on the 54 marks and do a Polar Allgment by the book or look on here on how to , You will have to move the bolts abit

to get it right but from then on if you set up in the same place you will not nead to ajust this bit again.

Archived