SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My Night with Yfronto and Stargazer1980

anthony

Darren and Mike came round to play last night. Had a lovely evening and managed to actually get some imaging done despite our chum the moon. Here are my efforts.

You can follow the link to my website where I have posted larger images. Sorry if they fall out of order, but the free web service is a bit random.

The M27 was actually quite fun when putting it together. The OIII component shows a really beautiful shape. SII shows hardly anything.

Couldn't resist a poke at the moon too through my ed100 and canon 350d. The deep sky pics are WOFLT110 SXV H9. Subs are all five mins though the details are hazy.

Finally - how about a "hero of the week award". My wife kindly allowed me off kids bath duty so that I could set up. Did not get to bed till 3:30 and so had a lie in to 10am - ie completely missedhaving to help get our 1 and 3 year old ready! I then sat processing pictures for 3 hours. Someone wants to kill me. But I have run this great risk in the name of astronomy :D

Anthony

The link - http://www.astrophotography.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/3.html

post-12863-133877330813_thumb.jpg

post-12863-133877330822_thumb.jpg

post-12863-13387733083_thumb.jpg

post-12863-133877330837_thumb.jpg

Darren and Mike came round to play last night. Had a lovely evening and managed to actually get some imaging done despite our chum the moon. Here are my efforts.

...snip...

Finally - how about a "hero of the week award". My wife kindly allowed me off kids bath duty so that I could set up. Did not get to bed till 3:30 and so had a lie in to 10am - ie completely missedhaving to help get our 1 and 3 year old ready! I then sat processing pictures for 3 hours. Someone wants to kill me. But I have run this great risk in the name of astronomy :D

Anthony

I too was a little worried when I saw the title of this thread :) but love the pictures. Don't forget to compensate your wife in some way - mine let me out early on Friday evening and when I explained that the moon didn't set until nearly 2am said "Don't worry, I'll deal with Anna in the morning and let you lie in". This is despite being 8 months pregnant. My wife now has a huge bunch of flowers along with a grovelling request for the same level of helpfulness at next new moon should it be clear... :(

James

Archived