Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sticky Computer

OXO

The SVCHOST is a perfectly normal system file that runs. It spawns several instances as and when required. You will need to look at the firewall settings so see what processes are using SVCHOST. The problem with this is that spyware / trojans and hijackers can exploit the gaping holes in MS software....

James

- are you running SP2 on Windows?

- have you managed to disinfect your PC from all spyware and viruses?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK

I would also recomend installing prevx. Its a free download, though you may have to hunt for the d/l button! It stops anything installing or changing anything (and I mean anything) without you knowing about it.

I have used it for the last year and nothing has got through - spyware, diallers, home page redirectors, nothing. Nada. Zilch.

(I assumed SVHOST was a mistype...... can you clarify James ??)

Sorry yes SVCHOST is the correct term Daz.. I will try downloading that software once this latets programme finishes what it's doing taking ages but it is finding all sorts of nasties..

Also i will try Damian's request too by booting in safe mode.

Thanks Chaps

James

Well i have been suffering the same thing all night pc just freezing for no apparent reason

So i ran a program called pc doctor it found 55 items some of them high priority

that adware and MS antispyware didn't find and now i am up and running again.

Just as well cos the hammer was just about to come out to help along with the repair. :clouds2:

Archived