SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Sticky Computer

OXO

Hi Chaps and Chappes's,

My computer keep's sticking :shock: whilst on the net my computer will freeze this ofen happens every naffing 5 mins and also whilst just using the computer say off line too. Any ideas how to fix this or what it could be please?

James :clouds2: :clouds2: :insects1: :lol::clouds2::lol::clouds2: :clouds2: :clouds2:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way i can get round this is to do the Alt Ctrl and Del and shut down one of any programmes running be it explorer or a music programme. After reboot it's fine until i try and do something..

James

Check for spyware.

With all the dodgy sites you visit there is bound to be spyware involved using resourses.
Yeah true Jamie esp that Scottish one er whats it called west of scotland Astronomy..

JAMES :clouds2:

Damian i did that mate before coming here for help hasnt helped iam affraid, Daz i have 100 gig free on this main drive so thats no problem, i am updating my virus software to kill any little germs off plus installing an update for my spy sweeper software hopefully one of them will sort it.

Me look at strange sites Never!

James9longest nose in blackpool)

Could also be heat related, try blowing out the dust from around the fans inside and make sure they are actually spinning :clouds2: depending on the type of motherboard in your computer you can get programs that tell you the temperature and fan speeds...

Clean Net Cache do you mean temp internet files?

The biggest process i could find is svhost.exe i noticed there was 3 versions of this running if that means anything..

Grant, i have the fans running fine 3 of them 2 on the CPU and One for inside the Case..

James

The thing about all these bits of software is that they all pick up

different types of spyware so the more versions you try the more

you catch but like i say you have to run the software cos they don't

all run automatically or offer real time protection.

I have run all the spyware and anti virus programmes i can but alas it's still doing the sticky buisness :clouds2:. When looking whats being processed svhost is still running about 5 of them?.

Russ, It happens with anything i do with the computer and no i have not installed ram or anything new for a while. Looks like a new install of windows is needed or IE ill try IE first i think then the dreaded windows.

Cheers for your help guys

James

When i did system restore nothing out of the ordinarry appeared, using housecall brought nothing up but various Spy Software's found about 80 things that needed sorting which i have done and 20 critical threats which have also been deleted now.

I searched for SVHOST.EXE but i couldnt find anything on the Hard Drive which was weird?

My computer is running a little faster now but there is still the problem with this sticking effect this happens more so if i have say 3 or more brower windows open i would understand it if my computer was a slow one or i was running softwares in the background but still it does it all be it not as bad as before..

James

Archived