SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Southwest Astro Fair 11th August

Visit the 2012 Astro Fiar at the Norman Lockyer Observatory Sidmouth Devon, 09:00-18:00.

Lectures, trade stands, historic telescope tours, live solar observing (if clear!)

2012 is our Centenary year so we are hoping to make this a very special event

See website for more details http://www.normanlockyer.com/

I will try to be there. The entire summer holiday period is up for grabs at the moment though. If the weather looks like it's going to improve then we'll be grabbing the tent and heading off somewhere at the earliest available opportunity. If it doesn't then emigration may be the only option.

James

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad the bookings are coming in. For anyone who doesn't know the Norman Lockyer Observatory, it is an amazing site and I believe there is no other site in the UK quite like this. You will find it is a beautiful location with an incredible with one of the most historical backgrounds of any observatory in the world. Did you know that Norman Lockyer discovered Helium using the equipment you will see on the day? Come alomg and have a great experience!!

I'm glad the bookings are coming in. For anyone who doesn't know the Norman Lockyer Observatory, it is an amazing site and I believe there is no other site in the UK quite like this. You will find it is a beautiful location with an incredible with one of the most historical backgrounds of any observatory in the world. Did you know that Norman Lockyer discovered Helium using the equipment you will see on the day? Come alomg and have a great experience!!

You are doing a grand job of selling the NLO to everyone John, keep it up!! :smiley:

Getting a few bookings now, if you plan to attend any of the lectures it would be wise to book, they sold out quickly last year.

Glad I got in early Pete :smiley:

• 3 weeks later...

Preparations are going really well, I'll be making signs at the weekend so hopefully no one will get lost!

All we need now is some decent weather.

Sorry guys, but please refrain from buying any new astro kit untill after the event to ensure clear skies!

Will be up at the NLO Thursday/Friday putting up signs/marking out carparks etc

Hope to see meet any SGL members who are attending. I'll be in the Imaging marque most of the time.

We're leaving now Dave, Kate, so will see you in 30-40 min's :smiley:

Best point the camera the other way while we are setting up, unless you are looking for a Laurel & Hardy style sketch!

That pretty much guarantees you coverage, I think :)

James

• 2 weeks later...

Archived