Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First ever attempt at imaging :)

stargazer1980

Ok well dont judge to harshly!!

The moon was really wobbly lastnight and with the help of Yfronto (mike) and anthony i borrowed a modified webcam and x2 barlow and fitted it to my celestron SLT114 (out of collimation)! Couldnt get focus properly and managed to stack in K3CCD toolsn and played around with a little bit! :D!

The image is the best 800 frames from 2000 that were recorded!

Its not the best, but ive got the BUG big time now lol

1172_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

No judgements. You did OK Darren, you only get better from now on. Just remember to enjoy it, and don't forget to look at what you image.

Many a model took the huff cos the photographer ignored her. :D

Ron. :)

This could be the start of a very enjoyable journey Stargazer... It might involve lots of swearing, patience, impatience, sweat, blood and of course money later on.... but the results are usually all worth it :wink:

My number one rule is... for a great photo... good focus always comes first. Spend plenty of time mastering that and your well on your way.

Vega

Thanks guys!

Great advice! Well just heard from the solicitors and apparently my compensation money is being sorted as we speak! 4 weeks and counting till i get it so ian king and steve (FLO) Get ready for some orders lol!

Im not gonna go over board i think with imaging cameras and guiding equip! Just gonna get something thats gonna give me decent photos and something with an upward leaning curve me thinks!

Its looking like an EQ6 pro With an nice 10" reflector with a couple of WO scopes (WO66 and a megrez 90 or the 110)! And a nice little imaging setup!

Thanks for all the generous comments (all of you) and guidance (mike and anthony)!

I'll keep you posted

Regards

Darren :wink:

Im not gonna go over board i think with imaging cameras and guiding equip!

Its looking like an EQ6 pro With an nice 10" reflector with a couple of WO scopes (WO66 and a megrez 90 or the 110)! And a nice little imaging setup!

:shock: Thats gotta be the post of the month :wink:

Good on ya Darren... you have officially 'got the imaging bug'

Vega

Archived