Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

One for the essex crew (250 Dob enq)

skywatcher250

hi guys, only reason im posting in here is you are all local to me (to an extent) and therefore i guess have relatively similar LP issues - thats not to say nobody from the whole of SGL cant respond and im not singling any group out haha - just think it makes sense to ask you guys (now thats said...)

my 250px skyliner dob from my back garden showed rather terrible views the other night

(the ring neb i could hardly even see with averted vision, the previous time was much brighter - same for m13 etc)

will this improve with the darkening nights earlier and hopefully better seeing in autumn, with your naked eyes do you as owners of similar scopes see thse DSO's clearly and well - in other words i guess im after confirmation that this is not as good as it gets... i think i know that anyway as i have seen the ring before and clearer, but even if it is only occasionally can i get amazing views of the DSO's with that power scope ?

I have had a few decent views of the Ring with my scope, I think the problem at the moment is high clouds, moon and light nights. Give it some time and I'm sure it will improve, if we go out to Dengie it should be a pretty good sight.

I'm with the rest of em, I'm sure it will get better later in the year.

The sky is still quite blue even at midnight at the moment.

Anyway, you've still seen more than I have ... but I have seen The Orion Nebula ! ... and Jupiter ! 'sticks nose up in the air' na na, na na na :p

Cheers Si !

just been informed by the (accountant) wife, that I've run out of astro funding following my recent e.p. reshuffle !

Roll on some dark skies to keep the spend'lust away.

no more spending til Christmas :mad:

Archived