stargazine_ep45_banner.thumb.jpg.71f13bfceacd5e3df366d82c2b6f5f9b.jpg

Some Moon close-up shots

Hello fellow stargazers :)

Last night weather was pretty good in here, a bit windy though with some turbulence but seeing was quite good. Here are some pictures of the moon taken through a C14 with a DMK21 camera. A powermate x2.5 was used for the last two shots. Stacked with AutoStakkert!2 and wavelets filter with Registax 6.

I hope you'll like them, I spent quite some time on those :) Click the images for a bigger version :

7482214676_a336bb7e37_b.jpg

7482990220_d522e24003_b.jpg

7482989836_8c1752d6a9_b.jpg

Thank you for checking this thread !

C&C welcome ;)

• Like 10
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello fellow stargazers Last night weather was pretty good in here, a bit windy though with some turbulence but seeing was quite good. Here are some pictures of the moon taken through a C14 with a DM

@ Moonshane : Indeed, I'm baffled at the efficiency of high speed cameras on large scopes to fight the turbulence and get a glimpse of good seeing I still remember when I was using a webcam at 5 fps

ok whose space ship did you hitch hyke on, the pictures are excellent, sharp and well detailed, love them all.

That's great cheers, always good to see the raw images. You can certainly see the turbulence coming and going ( maybe the wind on the scope too), those 60fps cameras do a great job of capturing the details. Thanks for posting :)

@ Moonshane : Indeed, I'm baffled at the efficiency of high speed cameras on large scopes to fight the turbulence and get a glimpse of good seeing :D I still remember when I was using a webcam at 5 fps and found it great, haha. Oh well, it made me practice my capture and processing technics and now it's a lot more easy ;)

@ Kbramley : yeah, hehe :) The night was a bit windy, and temperature balance wasn't achieved yet. But it's really rare to get a great seeing with a C14 at f/25. Maybe for Jupiter ;) And I agree, for planetary and Moon imaging, a high speed camera is the way to go ( I got my sight on a Basler Ace acA-1300 at the moment, great camera, with a Gigabit Ethernet connection ).

@ Stargzing_Cliff : Sir yes Sir ! At Once Sir ! :icon_salut:

Some new, and some tweaked and improved pictures ( click an image for a larger version ) :

7492409418_565cc96258_b.jpg

7492413392_fbce72960e_b.jpg

7492412352_07d00dd22d_b.jpg

7492411328_fdebd21e41_b.jpg

7492410386_4742ba5aea_b.jpg

7492409950_b298f7902b_b.jpg

7490755624_e0fe6ba271_b.jpg

7490757478_5130c04191_b.jpg

I hope you'll like them :)

Clear skies everyone !

Edited by TC_Fenua
  • Like 6

Excellent selection of moon images, worthy of Sky at night magazine !! Very impressed. weather up here has been terrible for months nothing but clouds :( The detail is very good and gives a sense of depth to those craters. Do keep up the postings !!

Clear skies

Astrostuart

Thank you Stuart :)

Well, the "rain" season ended two months ago in here, I know the feeling ( 3-4 months without a clear, calm and steady night, except at full Moon ... ). If only I could send you some pieces of clear sky ...