Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Bart

Looks like my new 16" is going to lose its virginity tonight

Skies look clear here for tonight, looks like my new 16" is going to get a chance to spread its wings.....pretty excited, must admit.

Bart

Just don't pound that champagne bottle too hard against the tube assembly.....it might lose collimation....lol...

Looking forward to your first light report!

Not looking too good here in Bristol. Good luck with your viewing session I hope things are better for you. :smiley:

Edited by jeremy1

Thanks Gents

Got the base and mirror cell out (blumming hell, its heavy). Will get the rest out when I know for sure there is no shower imminent. Nice blue sky with the odd cloud, some black, skittering across. Got the 6" out for a bit of moon gazing until after 12. Fingers crossed.

Bart

Not looking good in lancashire the moon had a little show before but then grey cloud cast over booo hooo

Good luck Barry, if the weather here in Fermanagh is anything to go by, you're going to need it bud!

Damo,

I don't know why, but I'm less optimistic then I was 1.5 hours ago. Never mind, it'll give me some practice playing around........

Oh well, it really wasnt dark enough. Did see M57 very clearly despite the almost full moon, which makes me think this is going to be a beauty in a dark sky. Clouds also rolled in to finally flatten any thoughts of giving it a run out. Grrr :embarrassed: Of well, with the full moon approaching it looks like I will have to wait till the end of the month with no moon a alittle astro darkness due. Will do 'First Light' report then.

Bart

How are the planetary views with it?

Umadog, as soon as I see one, I'll let you know...WEATHER

Edited by Bart

shame Barry - anyway still something to look forward to. Forecast is not good for the rest of the month either - no BBq'ing in the Day or stargazing in the night - the great British Summer :clouds2: