SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Dirt inside Hyperion Zoom Mk.III

assasincz

Hi guys,

It has been a while (a couple of months) since I have had my new Baader Hyperion Zoom Mk.III eyepiece but today, when obseving the Sun, I have noticed quite a prominent piece of dirt in the FOV. A bit of investigating later, it seems, that the dirt is stuck somewhere inside the mechanics of the eyepiece, bringing it into focus somewhere between 16mm focal length. Looking through the eyepiece against the bright background, I have notice at least two other smaller pieces of dirt, but the one large in question is the one that is really bugging me. I know there is a way to disassemble the eyepiece and clean it, but I'm positive that cleaning it DIY will only make it worse.

My question is - is the piece of dirt reason enough to send it back under the warranty?

Thanks

Actually, there has been a development - a few gentle bumps with the eyepiece on a table and the piece of dirt fell off the optics on its own. Still, it is bugging me that there is a loose piece of dirt inside my precious eyepiece. I will wait what the supplier has to say about it and will decide accordingly.

Archived