Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Sam

It was going to be a sunny day.

The sun was out about 30 mins ago so I set my solar scope up to have a good look at the sun. Just when I was ready to go I felt a couple of rain drops, now it's 8/8 cloud, grrrrrrrr. The weather says it supposed to be fine, well they obviously didn't look at the same sat pics that are on their website. anyway I will have to wait for the next sunny patch.

• Like 1

Another sunny patch and some nice views of the sun. Three sun spots and a bit of activity around the edge.

Listen pal, don't you go coming on here moaning about the weather in New Zealand in winter - have you SEEN what the weather has been like in the UK?! It's supposed to be summer here! :grin:

Edited by x6gas

And it's more of the same today... Patchy sun when I went out to let the chickens out first thing, but by the time I'd had breakfast and so on the thick grey cloud had rolled in and it looks like that's pretty much the story for the rest of the day :(

If that's the worst the New Zealand weather gets in the winter there could be an immigration problem soon :)

James

• Like 2

And it's more of the same today... Patchy sun when I went out to let the chickens out first thing, but by the time I'd had breakfast and so on the thick grey cloud had rolled in and it looks like that's pretty much the story for the rest of the day :(

If that's the worst the New Zealand weather gets in the winter there could be an immigration problem soon :)

James

I would say a big immigration problem have to agree with you there :smiley:

This morning there was patches of cloud and there was always one cloud on the sun at any one time! :mad:

It looks like it's going to be 100% cloud tonight as well, I think I'm starting to forget what stars look like!

Listen pal, don't you go coming on here moaning about the weather in New Zealand in winter - have you SEEN what the weather has been like in the UK?! It's supposed to be summer here! :grin:

:) it's only supposed to be sunny for about six hours today.

Got at least 15 minutes worth of Sun here, bit more than normal this June.

Nick.

Carried on much the same way today as well. We have had plenty of sunshine down here in Cornwall but it has been interspersed with frequent and heavy showers - not April is it?

Was going to set up for solar viewing and imaging as well, but the bits of blue sky had thin cloud, so hardly worth the effort.

Ok so much for the forecast. It's cloudy again. Though I did get enough sun to focus the camera and get a small avi on the computer of some quite nice activity on the sun edge. Unfortunately there's not enough data to create much of an image though. Oh well maybe next weekend.:)

I thought about getting the solar scope out when I saw some Genuine Sunlight earlier, but mere seconds later the cloud gods shook their heads. I swear yesterday they were laughing and having a disco, at least that's what it looked like with all the flashing lights going on.