SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Saturn

Gradie

Having just looked at Franck's 'Splendid Saturn' I'm loathe to post this, but I will anyway!

First attempt at imaging through my Mak 127 and recent Astro buy sell acquisition of an spc880. Special thanks must go to Neil (drummerp) whom I acquired an HEQ5 from, and Astrobaby for her guide on polar aligning the mount.

It was a lovely night last night, so lovely in fact that it was a shame that I was unfamiliar with pretty much everything! Given the circumstances, I'm chuffed that I managed the setup and alignment of the mount with no trouble, and managed to get an image appearing on screen. The final photo suffers a lot from the fact that I only took about 10 seconds worth of frames and dew was setting in by the time I got round to it (I forgot to attach the dew shield!). Not to mention the nasty skywatcher barlow, low position of Saturn and complete unfamiliarity with Registax!

Anyway, without further waffle, here it is!

Saturn - first attempt!.bmp

Archived