SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Observing meet ups.

Hi guys, im also just around the corner from there, would be good to meet up. Theres also a few open walkways in Little Wymondley but im not too sure if it suitable for telescopes. It runs parallel with the train tracks, could be good.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weston is another potential location. Guy I work with lives there and reckons the cricket pavillion would be suitable and is free to use without permission.

Havent been up there myself but looking at google maps it could be another possible.

I think its about time we tried to sort something, whether its wrest park, gravely, or wherever.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi.

I've just been down to Wrest Park - WOW. It's perfect. You go over a bridge (which takes you over the A6), and this leads you to the park. The actual grounds within the walled gardens are closed after about 5pm. However there are acres of land outside of this available for other uses.

Just after you go over the bridge, on the left hand side is a road where you can park up, and this is next to loads of massive football fields. (https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=52.009011,-0.420754&hl=en&num=1&t=h&z=17)

Anyone fancy it? How about Friday 16th November (or 17th November as a back up)?

Thanks,

Andrew

Archived