looking for new telescope

hi guys just want to pick ppl s advice on buying a new telescope . i have a 8se nextstar which i have really enjoyed now for a few years but now think it is time to go up a notch but not sure to keep with celestron or change to a meade . looking to go from 11 inch cgem or go for the meade lx200 or lx 90 10-12 inch . portability is not an issue as i am blessed with a good view cost is £2500 -3000 look forward to hearing from you

I occasionally drool at the Edge HD OTAs, the 11 inch is on special offer at FLO right now and would be in your budget at £2,495 (OTA only, mount purchase required in addition to this).

I reckon what ever you go for you should consider an NEQ6 or equivalent mount, no point in skimping on the most important part. This may push your budget but should be well worth it.

I'd give some real thought as to whether you want to pay the extra for the HD scope or whether you'd be better off with the standard C11. The HD has mirror clamps and cooling vents but the main thing is a built in corrector but you can add a corrector to a C11 and I'm undecided as to whether this gives more flexibility...

Just something to consider...

cheers x6gas i was wondering wether the the c11 was the way to go and add if need be

The HD needs a dedicated reducer if you ever need to reduce the focal length and they are pretty expensive. Also, there is an optimum back focus distance from the build in corrector to the imaging chip if you intend to image. Worth bing aware of these things!

Archived