Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heritage 130P Mod

Mountain View

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

Just completed my own 'cardboard mod' (at last) it works really well smooth as a baby's bum.

It's such a good mod that I don't understand why SW don't do it in the factory for all of their collapsible OTAs. It adds very little weight, and they could machine it out of say aluminium for very little extra cost on what would be a much better product with a unique selling point.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've been browsing this forum for a while and have finally got round to posting... i also have a Heritage 130 and this cardboard shroud mod is exactly what I've been thinking about for the last couple of weeks!

I've got one question: On my scope the secondary mirror shade appears to be glued to the truss assembly. What did you find was the best way to remove it in order to attach the cardboard shroud?

Thanks in advance

Craig

I used a craft knife (the thin ones with the snap off blades) to encourage them apart. It came off at the glue fairly easily as it goes. I was expecting to have snap something or cut it, but it separated easily.

Here's a photo if the bit left over, glue side showing.

post-12157-135315463487_thumb.jpg

Thanks SplintUK... I've got my 'prototype' shroud in place and I'm pretty happy with it. I've got it taped in at the minute but the finished version will be attached properly, what did you guys use to permanently attach the cardboard to the front truss assembly?

Thanks again.

Craig

Archived