Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyes on the Sky: June 25 thru July 1

The great thing about the stars is that our ancestors imagined wonderful stories about the shapes they saw in the sky. In this week's video, I've tried to tell part of the story of Orpheus, the character who played the lyre named for the constellation we know as Lyra (and my family and I might have had a little too much fun doing that!). Of course, there's a lot to be seen in this constellation, and the bright star Vega is so close to many of them that most are easy to find in simple binoculars or small telescopes - even from urban locations.

Also, look for the Moon's meanderings past some evening planets and stars, plus the evening and morning trios currently appearing in the sky near the horizon.

Hi Dave, great to see the wigs in action again :eek: and I see extra funds were found for some props too - I can see some oscar nominations coming your way!

Congratulations on another well organised video that many starting out will find very useful.

Keep it going Dave, Hollywood beckons :grin: :grin:

Clear skies

James

Hi James - most of the budget this video actually went for the backgrounds and music (see the credits at the tail end). It may not be terribly surprising that I actually had all of the props already. :grin:

Thanks for the nice compliments - not sure about Hollywood though (and Oscars? Hmmm... highly doubtful! Maybe some Razzies.) :laugh:

You're all very kind! Thank you so much for the nice words, and for watching. Hopefully, together, we can spread the word about light pollution and start making a dent in that problem.

And I sure hope it clears up over there!! We have clear skies here, but it is really, REALLY hot right now, so I'm not sure which is better. :Envy:

You're all very kind! Thank you so much for the nice words, and for watching. Hopefully, together, we can spread the word about light pollution and start making a dent in that problem.

And I sure hope it clears up over there!! We have clear skies here, but it is really, REALLY hot right now, so I'm not sure which is better. :Envy:

I've gone right off him now!! :grin: :grin:

Archived