Narrowband

So long - Thanks for the fish...........

Merlin66

Like all good things in life, some things come to an end.....

Our period of "exile" is coming to a close and we head back to Melbourne, Australia next month.

It's been great living and working in the UK and Belgium - we met many interesting and memorable people along the way (virual friends as well as real ones!), but the time has come to "return home"

I wish you all -all the best- and hope we'll be able to keep in touch via SGL.

If you're ever visiting Melbourne, drop me a note, you're always welcome to visit.

Onwards and Upwards!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't matter where you are in the world, SGL will be here. Apart from actual travel, the world has become a smaller place! You're always welcome over here too so give me a shout if you need somewhere to stay.

What's the observing like where you'll be going?

Alexxx

Thanks Alexxx!

Unfortunately we won't being going back to the "Dark Site" (We had a 100 acre farm, 100Km north of Mlebourne - majic black skies!!!)

This time the job/ lifestyle dictates inner suburbian city living...

Certainly not ideal conditions, but OK for spectroscopy.

Life is full of compromises - you know that.

Helen,

Yes, at this stage still looks like the TSO and all the other gear will be going back with us.

The 8-10 week hiatus on the sea transport will be a PITA, then setting everything up once again.....

So it's not a weather related move then? I wouldn't argue if it was. ;)

Anyway catch up with you soon and as mentioned above I hope everything goes smoothly with the packing and for the trip.

Maybe one day we'll get down to Melbourne.

Hope the return to Oz goes well Ken and it was nice to meet you when we exchanged the Konus 6" F/8 albeit for just a short time :smiley:

Look forward to your contributions from down under.

My main interest is still spectroscopy.

The good news is that light pollution has minimal effect on the quality of the spectrum. Many successful amateurs work within city limits. (Valerie D. does some excellent stuff and she overlooks the Eiffel Tower in Paris)

Having said that, there's a very nice parkland/ riverside area at the end of the street (to the north - with a good northern horizon)

Good luck Ken. Hope the move back to Melbourne goes OK. :happy8: At least for everyone here on SGL you won't be going anywhere "virtually".

Coincidentally our neighbours moved back to Melbourne a while ago (hope it wasn't something I said :grin: ).

John

Archived