SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Clear to night

ikorodu

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

put out scope, clouds come in , put scope away !! sod it and good night ! :embarrassed:

Yep, exactly the same for me. I did get about 15 seconds of Saturn through the EP before it disappeared, which just about sums up this entire Saturn opposition.

Cheers,

Chris

I been out the back tonight, It's a beautiful clear night tonight. I've been waiting for a night like this for months.

The clouds have gone, Hurrah !

It's just a shame its mid June and the nights are so short.

I suppose we can't have it all our way.

Started out clear, than some whispy high clouds rolled over for about 20 minutes than cleared again... they all went north, where they belong. :) I wanted a shot at Saturn with my new telescope and mount ED80/HEQ5 but my neighbours $*&@ trees obscure my view to the south/west. He is getting a chainsaw for Xmas...

Anyone know where my star is?

I caught a predicted iridium flare at 00:57, really bright, prediction said mag -8 and I can believe that. My mum also saw it and was distinctly unimpressed. Other than that, the skies were clear but I didn't feel like breaking out the binoculars.

Well England crashed out.

I managed around 30mins in garden. Used seben zoom on Saturn which was nice. Was able to decern some banding and what looked like the lanets shadow on its rings.

Tried and failed to find m57. Just too bright out there. If I ever get hold of a tel rad that may help. Roll on darker nights!

rob

So this being my first summer of astronomy i still have the novelty effect during the day hoping for a clear night. The trouble with this time of year is that even on a clear night the sky never gets very dark, at least not before 1am which is not an option when you have to get up at 6.30 the following morning. So for the last few weeks i have just nipped outside for 20mins before bed and had a scan around with the bino's, kind of an astronomy nicotine patch.

We saw the noctiluscent clouds in the northern sky on our way back to Nottingham from Grantham (A52) at around midnight. Well done with the camera.

Not bad bor a Fuji Finepix 10MP. I had the settings on the camera that the BBC astronomy programme said to have it at. Setting was on manual/apature overide, 5.6 to 6 and a ISO of 800. Shame the setting of the camera can not leave it open for longer, but then it is a cheapened camera of a few years.

Looks very much like a 1/2 wave silver rod antenna in the third photo.... havent seen one of those in years :)

As said earlier in this thread, here are the pictures I took last night.

DSCF2220.jpg

Not bad at 1 in the morning. Feel tired for it though.

Archived