SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First shot at M31 - The Great Andromeda Galaxy

Gina

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow Gina that's a great image. I have the same OTA but nowhere near as many extras but its nice to know what I can aim for as I start to get more into this imaging lark. Thanks for sharing! :)

Thank you :)

This is a very big galaxy as seen in a telescope - it's the nearest apart from our own. It is bigger than the frame of a DSLR with the ED80 on it's own but goes in very nicely with the SW 0.85x focal reducer speciallly designed for this scope. This is not cheap but improves things no end and I heartily recommend it. The SW Evostar 80 ED DS Pro with the FR is a brilliant scope and I'm delighted with it.

Yes, this is a good work Gina.

I just played around with it if you do not mind.

Mark

post-22563-0-48824300-1340700664_thumb.j

Thanks Mark :) Yes, that's got rid of the banding and gradient :) I should be able to do better when I get my cooling working properly again and get a couple of hours data on it. Two things needed for that :- a new Peltier TEC (on its way) and a clear night (your guess is as good as mine!!).

Archived