Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Microglobe

ikorodu

Just a quick one to pass on my experience with Microglobe.co.uk

I ordered my sw 200 dob from them as they were the cheapest I could find inc delivery.

As with all larger OVL products the scope was shipped direct by OVL and arrived two days from order.

Microglobe have a live help section on their website that I used to get the tracking number.

Overall a great service.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I have noticed on google searches they always appear to be the cheapest. Moreover, the check the equipment and try and send it to you nextday which in my case was the case and I was excited to Get my dobsonian for the cheapest price with the fastest possible delivery.

I 'll definitely buy again from these guys :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought my Helios Apollo 15x70 from these guys & thought I'd take the time to report how the transaction went.

Having never used them before I was wary, but I needn't have been. Their combined purchase & delivery costs were the most competitive I could find in the UK. I placed the order Friday & took delivery Tuesday. IME, their email & phone support was also excellent & I would not hesitate to use them again.

Highly recommended!

10/10

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Went down to Microglobe with a mate of mine to buy a pair of 12 x 50 Pentax binoculars last week and was really surprised at the amount of stuff this guy as in his shop.I had read they were a bit rude but they seemed ok to me. These Pentax 10x50 PCF WP II Binoculars are £168 on Amazon we got them for £119. They come with a guarantee and we could try them out in the shop. Superb value and we have since tried them out on a monopod with a trigger ball head and very impressed to say the least. He as loads of camera equipment which I think are grey imports but you do get a guarantee with any lens you buy. Steve

• 2 years later...

They have very good range of binoculars (even though many not in stock), and very atractive prices. Andrews' review mentioned their good combined postage cost. So when I saw the two pais of binos I'm interested in, I took the plunge. £12 postage to Sweden for the two, clearly among the best UK dealers for EU shipping.

Order placed on Friday, it arrived in Stockholm already on Monday! While the Swedish postal service took three days to send it to me.

It was well packed with foams inside around the bino pairs,  a tag of "fragile" on the package to reminder postmen for gentle handle:smiley:

A very easy and smooth purchasing experience with microglobe, I can warmly recommend it.

Edited by YKSE

I wanted to leave something about my recent experience for one simple reason: I was initially very sceptical.

Microglobe's website seems a little unprofessional and I was a little worried about getting scammed. However I was looking for a dual Vixen/Losmandy saddle plate for an EQ6 and they seem to be a) very expensive 3rd party manufacturer models (well over £100 in most cases, or b) in the case of the SW version, completely out of stock. Nor could I get the Vixen only type.

I found several retailers whose websites claimed to have the item in stock but which, either after ordering or emailing to confirm, it transpired did not have the item at all. This was repeated many times until I found Microglobe. Enter my aforementioned scepticism. However, the price was as better than anywhere else and sufficiently low (£24!) that I felt I could afford to be ripped off if my fears were confirmed.

I emailed Microglobe and very promptly got a response to say that yes, they had the item in stock. I placed the order which including postage was still cheaper than anyone else excluding postage. The item arrived in two days flat, well packaged and ahead of schedule.

I maintain that their website is a bit shoddy; it could definitely do with an update. However, that aside I can't fault them on service and so I wanted to write this review so that anyone with similar concerns to mine might stumble upon it and give Microglobe the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks Microglobe!

• Like 2

It is nice to be able to thank companies for great service.  I ordered a 12.5 Morpheus to complete my set on Thursday morning from Microglobe in London.  I received it the next morning in Inverness,  excellent service by both Microglobe optics  and royal mail.

• Like 1