Old Vintage Refractors "CGE LTD" does anyone know what they are?

Hi there,

please see the link yourselves for all the pictures, it's an ad with 2 pretty old looking refractors of an unidentified brand.

What if they are some good glass refractors???

http://www.adverts.i...escopes/1757490

If anyone ever seen these before or knows that brand (one tube reports something like CGE LTD, not sure though).

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263364fdbbeeb7511704a791853db04c71402.jpg

any idea? :)

CGE could be an addition and be the name of the company that purchased them - Consultant Gas Engineers for example. Therefore not the scope manufacturer.

The mounts are interesting, suspect that if you can identify where that type of mount is used you will have, or get, more idea them.

CGE could be an addition and be the name of the company that purchased them - Consultant Gas Engineers for example. Therefore not the scope manufacturer.

The mounts are interesting, suspect that if you can identify where that type of mount is used you will have, or get, more idea them.

Could be, it looks like there's the same label in the boxes. I've only seen this type of equipment in some old Soviet collectible shops.

I have sent a message to the advertiser asking for additional infos.

Aren't those survey scopes ? - levels I think.

They are scopes of a sort but I reckon they will have additional glass to give an upright image and a pretty small aperture objective lens.

Archived