Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lagoon and Trifid wide field image

Quatermass

Cheers Domis strangely enough I spent ages yesterday making a proper bahtinov mask and yet the twig worked better :D

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk 2

That's interesting :) I need something for my wide-field lenses - I'll try a Y mask :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tried my wide-field camera pointing at the Sagittarious last night (or rather very early this morning) region but without a light pollution filter it was quite hopeless. The LP swamped everything except a couple of the brighter stars. Something else for the wish list :D I'll have a go later on with the scope and main camera which has a CLS clip filter.

I tried my wide-field camera pointing at the Sagittarious last night (or rather very early this morning) region but without a light pollution filter it was quite hopeless. The LP swamped everything except a couple of the brighter stars. Something else for the wish list :D I'll have a go later on with the scope and main camera which has a CLS clip filter.

I tried the Veil last night but all my subs were blurred not paying enough attention to my focus the evostar is harder to focus then the 200p for some reason. Hope that light pollution can be sorted for you Gina as imaging time is short in the summer months.

Sweet image ! Love my ED80 and that area of the sky is on my list, just need to find an area to drive to that I can setup with a nice southern aspect.

Cheers Gingergeek well worth making the trip out next clear night we get between all this rain :clouds2:

Archived