Narrowband

October South West Starparty - including during and after discussions :-)

Greg

The second Lucksall weekend Me, Kai, Kevstar and Jamie (Admin) made a chili for about 100. Ian (Lunator, was the debt collector and accountant :cool2: ) ... Great fun.. A bit stressfull cooking for that number on a camp coolker...

Lol , to be fair I think we had 3 different strength chillis on the go at once ;)

The biggest problem was people kept " popping in" for a sneaky taster , but a look from Jamie and they decided they could wait till later :)

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol , to be fair I think we had 3 different strength chillis on the go at once ;)

The biggest problem was people kept " popping in" for a sneaky taster , but a look from Jamie and they decided they could wait till later :)

I remember meatballs being in there somewhere too mate!!!!.. and a small dog with a big wee wee.. And ducks being fed chili powder tipped bread!!!!

Ooo we were very naughty in those days.... :p :p

I've been so busy this week I forgot to book....Even though I visited the campsite last week.. Doh.. :eek:

Anyway.. All booked.. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights

Wife, kids, small dog... and a big chili pot.. :grin:

...... Might stay the Monday depends on the guys who work for me... they might miss me too much.. :rolleyes:

I remember meatballs being in there somewhere too mate!!!!.. and a small dog with a big wee wee.. And ducks being fed chili powder tipped bread!!!!

Ooo we were very naughty in those days.... :p :p

That was on the Friday in my wok mate :) (the meatballs, not the dog wee!) . I think there was a bog and something on the menu that day...

Tony..

Spoke to the campsite today and the owner asked what happens if it's cloudy and raining....

I said.. " We all sit around and drink beer......."

The owner asked what happens when we run out of beer...

I said..." We open a bottle of red...." :grin:

I've been so busy this week I forgot to book....Even though I visited the campsite last week.. Doh.. :eek:

Anyway.. All booked.. Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights

Wife, kids, small dog... and a big chili pot.. :grin:

...... Might stay the Monday depends on the guys who work for me... they might miss me too much.. :rolleyes:

Greg is the site dark adapted on the Thursday night as well as the official 3 nights.

If it is, then I might book an extra night.

I'm there the Thursday, friday and Saturday nights.... If the weather plays ball we'll make the site dark for the extra nights.

Hopefully we'll fill the site so it won't matter anyway.. We'll be able to do as we please. the owners are fine about it...

Greg

I'm booked to come with a mate but I've been toying with bringing my kids. I have a 6 and 7 year old. Do you think it would be a bit much for them? Does anyone else take kids?

Mine are going Dave, 6 and 10....... There's a play park opposite the pitches and we'll plan stuff for the kids during the day...

Hey, what's a 5 hour trip between friends.... :)

I'll check the dates, but all being well, I'll be needing a bowl of that chilli!!

You have the other half of the secret recipe my friend..... :grin:

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for not posting, we've been exceptionally busy on the work front before my trip to Germany..

But will catch up when I get back in a couple of weeks...

Greg

Never been to a star party whats the script ?

I'll be there from the Thursday till the Sunday... Usual plan at the smaller star parties is that everyone chips in with helping set up tents etc and then generally chill out with a beer..

Check weather forecast and set up..

BBQ .. And more beer if the weathers a bit iffy...

Generally walk around and look at other peoples kit and try not looking too envious!

Check weather... Drink beer.

Check weather... If weather is good.. Wahayyyy

If weather is no good.... Drink beer... And put the world to rights.

Normally at these things, if people have problems with setting up or polar aligning or any scope issues we can pool our knowledge and generally help each other.get to know each other and have a good time..

The star party is family friendly and the campsite is dog friendly..

Any well behaved children are welcome to look through my set up.

If the sky's are clear, things tend to get a bit more serious as some of us will have imaging set ups and as its a dark sky site, will be keen to capture some more elusive targets that are difficult to capture from a home location.

But in general we are all going to relax and have a good time..

As for food, I'm happy to do a chili on the Saturday night (As long as we don't get hundreds and I get some help with washing up...!)

Friday night might be a BBQ ...

You need to book directly with the campsite for booking... Don't hang about as we are getting pretty full, as there are only 21 ehu pitches in the main field.. There is another field next to us but no ehu... So if your too late with the bookings bring your self contained power for you scopes... I'm sure the guys in the powered field will charge your setups for a beer!

Feel free to pm me.. I may not answer ASAP as I'm currently touring southern Germany and only getting sporadic Internet.

Once again... This star party is newbie/novice, camping and astronomy friendly the aim is to pool our knowledge gain friends and enjoy ourselves whatever the weather.

Greg

And multiple wedgies......

Oh yes!! ...... the wedgies, I really didn't want to mention the wedgies :ohmy: .

I have known bribes be offered as a bail out option (Jaffa Cakes....currency of any starparty) but I wouldn't bet your butt on it, the photographers usually bid more. :smiley:

well my name is sally im blonde and blue eyes find me and do ur best!!but there will be a handsome brown haired lad there i would give him geat respect hes amazing.

(i will wear my steel pants they are wedgie proof)

i will need a big bday cake for every 1 to have sum,i suppose we could just have tiny pieces lol.

Archived