Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_terminator_challenge_winners.thumb.jpg.6becf44442bc7105be59da91b2bee295.jpg

Greg

October South West Starparty - including during and after discussions :-)

Great work Greg.

I'll check with her indoors before confirming.

It's our daughters 9th birthday on the Saturday, but I'm hoping she'd be keen to come. Presents, cake, camping and star gazing sounds like a good combo.

I'll let you know ASAP.

My kids are going... there's a little play park across from the pitches, so there'll be other children to play with..

Greg

Hi Greg,

You mentioned earlier in the thread about maybe a discount price. Did you manage to arrange a price, I'm guessing we'd need to fill the 21 pitches etc.

Cheers,

Grahame.

Hi Greg,

You mentioned earlier in the thread about maybe a discount price. Did you manage to arrange a price, I'm guessing we'd need to fill the 21 pitches etc.

Cheers,

Grahame.

There's no discount price I'm afraid.... I did try.. But they weren't too keen, but as you say if we fill the 21 pitches .........

To be fair, it's costing me and a friend with an electric hook up just £15.50 so I don't really think a discount is needed. Cheap as chips I'd say :) I'm looking forward to it.

Hi Greg, No problem at all. I only wanted to check before booking.

I appreciate the leg work that you have put in already.

As Dave says, the standard prices are reasonable anyway.

Cheers,

Grahame.

All booked. It'll be my wife, daughter and myself. We are booked for Friday night and Saturday night.

I'll see if I can drum up some interest from the NLO (Norman Lockyer Observatory) members over at Sidmouth.

I'm sure some of the imagers and observers would be interested.

I'll point them over to this thread.

Cheers,

Grahame.

Edited by springbok

Springbok, funny enough I'm in Sidmouth in two weeks time and was thinking of looking around the observatory. Is it open at all during the daytime?

I will see you in October, I'm also booked up :)

Hi Dave,

You may be lucky. Have a look at the link below, and go to the opening times tab on the left.

http://www.normanloc....com/index.html

The South West Astro Fair is on the 11th August as well.

See you for clear skies in October..........

Cheers,

Grahame.

Edited by springbok

Many thanks for arranging this Greg. My booking form is the post and looking forward to seeing everyone there in October.

Edited by JonH

Just had the heads up on this so not had time to read all posts.

I will be there if all's well.

How do I book.

Edit..... Just read all the post. Booked the 3 nights direct with site. See you all there. :smiley:

Edited by Freff

There's a link to the site in Greg's first post Tony...

All booked. It'll be my wife, daughter and myself. We are booked for Friday night and Saturday night.

I'll see if I can drum up some interest from the NLO (Norman Lockyer Observatory) members over at Sidmouth.

I'm sure some of the imagers and observers would be interested.

I'll point them over to this thread.

Cheers,

Grahame.

Thanks Graham... :biggrin:

Folks..

i've started a thread for "Who's Going To The South West Starparty" Just keep that one for Who's going and booked ... No Chat.. Please...and keep this one for general banter and chat..

Greg

I used to be a chef so for the Saturday night there will be a chili.. All I ask is that anyone who wants one please chip in with the cost and help with washing up.....

It usually works out at about 2 or 3 quid a head....

Just remember to keep chef topped up with beer.....

Now your talking Greg! Stars, beers n chilli, awsome! Have you ever tried adding a hint of chocolate with a chilli? If you can taste chocolate you've gone too far, it's not the aim. Just a couple of cubes of the 70% coco stuff per portion is enough. It just makes it that bit richer... Oh blimey, I'm still going if it rains now ;)

Hi Greg, just been directed to you post will check my holiday rota then will book.

Now your talking Greg! Stars, beers n chilli, awsome! Have you ever tried adding a hint of chocolate with a chilli? If you can taste chocolate you've gone too far, it's not the aim. Just a couple of cubes of the 70% coco stuff per portion is enough. It just makes it that bit richer... Oh blimey, I'm still going if it rains now ;)

Yes I put some choccy in the chili... The wife had some of the [removed word]'s 100% cacao stuff which I used to grate in which makes a super chili... although at that price it had better improve the flavour..

The second Lucksall weekend Me, Kai, Kevstar and Jamie (Admin) made a chili for about 100. Ian (Lunator, was the debt collector and accountant :cool2: ) ... Great fun.. A bit stressfull cooking for that number on a camp coolker...

I don't do rice though ... too fiddly, Just a lump of french stick to go on the side.. :smiley:

looks like I am head that way, going to be good weekend as a spot of fly fishing and stargazing (fingers cross), doubt i will catch enough fish for everyone but ya never know!!!!

Just found this thread, will have a word with the mrs... sounds like it could be good fun :)

Just need to convince her it will not be too cold for her in a tent in october.....

Just found this thread, will have a word with the mrs... sounds like it could be good fun :)

Just need to convince her it will not be too cold for her in a tent in october.....

Don't forget to tell her about Greg's chili ... that's a 'seller' if ever I heard one :smiley: :smiley:

• Like 1

There's a link to the site in Greg's first post Tony...

Thanks Jon.

Received confirmation by post today for a 3 night booking with EHU. :smiley: Now.....where did I put my wellies.

Thanks Jon.

Received confirmation by post today for a 3 night booking with EHU. :smiley: Now.....where did I put my wellies.

Never mind your wellies, don't forget the welsh cakes! :p

Never mind your wellies, don't forget the welsh cakes! :p

In abundance Jon, in abundance. :icon_porc: