SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

October South West Starparty - including during and after discussions :-)

Greg

Unfortunatly there are no statics or chalets on site, but when I go up there possibly later this week or next, i'll grap some info re B&B's in the area.

HTH

Greg

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent... Looks as though we'll all have a great time whatever the weather..(Hopefully Clear!!)..

Excellent idea Greg. A busy time for me but you know what they say "all work and no play".

See you there :glasses2:

Steve

You'll need a break by then Steve.. And there's nothing like a good pick me up like a good, meaty hot chili....

Sounds interesting, I'm off work on those dates (unless they change the rota on me).

It'll be my wife, daughter and myself.

Do they allow small campervans on site.

It's only a Mazda Bongo, and we attach a small awning to it. Not talking Motorhome size or anything. Like a VW T5 size.

Has anyone made a booking yet? Im quite keen to do it myself. It'll be my first star party ;)

Hi Dave, before any bookings are made I need to sort out a discount price for us and also I'd like to meet the owners and explain exactly what's our needs will be... We don't want to in the field with the toilet block pumping out 2 giga watts of light pollution and no way of turning them off!! (Been there and got the t-shirt.)

Once things have been sorted a booking thread will be started and you will be able to book pitches with the campsite, quoting a reference number so hat we will all be together in the same field..... Nice and cosy!!

. Several members have expressed an interest in b&b's this is another area that needs looking at, one of my clients is the Exmoor National Park So I'll shortly be in touch with them to see what they can recommend....

Greg

Ok..

I've been up to the campsite this afternoon and introduced myself and told the owners what our requirements are...

They have two fields.. Both South facing with little or no no light polution south, one has 21 hookup pitches the other has no hook up. The two fiedlds are split by a hedge and the loo block..North facing (Or behind us) there is a sheltering hedge.

So .. If we want to be in the field on our own then we need to book 21 pitches..

If you want to come to the Starparty please book directly with the campsite quoting "South West Starparty". I'll start another thread about who's booked and use this one for chat and general banter..

I'm currently sorting out B&B's in the area. There are quite a few in Dulverton, but thats a little too far away, so investigations are on going. There are a couple of nice pubs close by.

Anyway get booking.....

Greg

Great work Greg.

I'll check with her indoors before confirming.

It's our daughters 9th birthday on the Saturday, but I'm hoping she'd be keen to come. Presents, cake, camping and star gazing sounds like a good combo.

I'll let you know ASAP.

Potentially interested!

Actually stayed at Halse Farm back in May as a test weekend for diving into the car at short notice for a camping / astronomy weekend. The site is pleasant, and the toilet block is nice and clean, if not the largest in the world. And yes it did have a big bright light blasting out all night unfortunately.

The owners were friendly and the local village very pretty.

Archived