SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

October South West Starparty - including during and after discussions :-)

Greg

Great work Greg.

I'll check with her indoors before confirming.

It's our daughters 9th birthday on the Saturday, but I'm hoping she'd be keen to come. Presents, cake, camping and star gazing sounds like a good combo.

I'll let you know ASAP.

My kids are going... there's a little play park across from the pitches, so there'll be other children to play with..

Greg

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Greg,

You mentioned earlier in the thread about maybe a discount price. Did you manage to arrange a price, I'm guessing we'd need to fill the 21 pitches etc.

Cheers,

Grahame.

There's no discount price I'm afraid.... I did try.. But they weren't too keen, but as you say if we fill the 21 pitches .........

All booked. It'll be my wife, daughter and myself. We are booked for Friday night and Saturday night.

I'll see if I can drum up some interest from the NLO (Norman Lockyer Observatory) members over at Sidmouth.

I'm sure some of the imagers and observers would be interested.

I'll point them over to this thread.

Cheers,

Grahame.

Just had the heads up on this so not had time to read all posts.

I will be there if all's well.

How do I book.

Edit..... Just read all the post. Booked the 3 nights direct with site. See you all there. :smiley:

All booked. It'll be my wife, daughter and myself. We are booked for Friday night and Saturday night.

I'll see if I can drum up some interest from the NLO (Norman Lockyer Observatory) members over at Sidmouth.

I'm sure some of the imagers and observers would be interested.

I'll point them over to this thread.

Cheers,

Grahame.

Thanks Graham... :biggrin:

Folks..

i've started a thread for "Who's Going To The South West Starparty" Just keep that one for Who's going and booked ... No Chat.. Please...and keep this one for general banter and chat..

Greg

I used to be a chef so for the Saturday night there will be a chili.. All I ask is that anyone who wants one please chip in with the cost and help with washing up.....

It usually works out at about 2 or 3 quid a head....

Just remember to keep chef topped up with beer.....

Now your talking Greg! Stars, beers n chilli, awsome! Have you ever tried adding a hint of chocolate with a chilli? If you can taste chocolate you've gone too far, it's not the aim. Just a couple of cubes of the 70% coco stuff per portion is enough. It just makes it that bit richer... Oh blimey, I'm still going if it rains now ;)

Now your talking Greg! Stars, beers n chilli, awsome! Have you ever tried adding a hint of chocolate with a chilli? If you can taste chocolate you've gone too far, it's not the aim. Just a couple of cubes of the 70% coco stuff per portion is enough. It just makes it that bit richer... Oh blimey, I'm still going if it rains now ;)

Yes I put some choccy in the chili... The wife had some of the [removed word]'s 100% cacao stuff which I used to grate in which makes a super chili... although at that price it had better improve the flavour..

The second Lucksall weekend Me, Kai, Kevstar and Jamie (Admin) made a chili for about 100. Ian (Lunator, was the debt collector and accountant :cool2: ) ... Great fun.. A bit stressfull cooking for that number on a camp coolker...

I don't do rice though ... too fiddly, Just a lump of french stick to go on the side.. :smiley:

Just found this thread, will have a word with the mrs... sounds like it could be good fun :)

Just need to convince her it will not be too cold for her in a tent in october.....

Don't forget to tell her about Greg's chili ... that's a 'seller' if ever I heard one :smiley: :smiley:

There's a link to the site in Greg's first post Tony...

Thanks Jon.

Received confirmation by post today for a 3 night booking with EHU. :smiley: Now.....where did I put my wellies.

Thanks Jon.

Received confirmation by post today for a 3 night booking with EHU. :smiley: Now.....where did I put my wellies.

Never mind your wellies, don't forget the welsh cakes! :p

Archived