Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

Daniel-K

stunning pic of saturn and titan

Very impressive. I take it the dark 'bands' are actually the shadow cast by the rings - something we don't see so prominently from Earth because we can't see Saturn at such an oblique angle relative to the Sun.

Edited by 661-pete

Don't you just wish you had a scope that would give you pictures like that lol :p :p

Damien Peach has!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You do have to look carefully just to be sure its not a cheesy 'artists impression' but you can tell it so isnt !

cloud patterns in Saturn's upper atmosphere, and fogging due to Titan's atmosphere sort of give it away...

Ta ! :grin:

Edited by JimFR

Don't you just wish you had a scope that would give you pictures like that lol :p :p

The scope wouldn't be such a problem. Finding the right place to stand however...

James

Very impressive. I take it the dark 'bands' are actually the shadow cast by the rings - something we don't see so prominently from Earth because we can't see Saturn at such an oblique angle relative to the Sun.

You need a bigger scope show the mrs and say I want to see Saturn like this but I need a 16" :p

That is a fantastic image. So beautiful