Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Heritage 130P flextube + DSLR?

Hi,

I have a Canon EOS300D laying around, a Heritage 130P flextube scope and a huge desire to connect them together! I've read alot of comments about the focuser support on the Heritage, being made of plastic, not being strong enough to handle the weight of the camera.

Has anyone tried putting a DSLR onto this scope using a t-piece/ring and is able to comment on what the experience of using it was like? I obviously dont want to part with the cash of getting the adaptor if there is no hope of getting any enjoyment out of it.

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

it is a great scope that fights above its weight as many have said, I have one and have just completed a mod which started as a flocking of the tube abd later included a seconadary tube which is also flocked but now extends as the heritage is extended, thereby giving continuous tube which is fully flocked, hope to post details and some photos soon, will probably start a new thread to deal with this one.

Gordon

Sounds very interesting. I've been staring at a combination of a bino tripod adapter, and a piece of wood that would be sturdily attached to the heriage tube that might allow me to have the weight of the camera taken by something other than the focuser. Not sure how it might all fit together though.

It also has the most irritating focuser of all time. You don't want your DSLR spinning round and round and round as you try to achieve focus & it'll be too bulky to use the 'friction method'

IMO it would be technically possible to connect the EOS to the Heritage, but it would be incredibly fiddly & you'd risk damaging both pieces of equipment.

edit: There was an idea a couple of months ago for a thread devoted to any & all pics taken through this scope, to show what it can do. Did that ever come to anything?

Archived