Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Simple white light Solar imaging

Bizibilder

I am probably being daft here but I can't see how a 1.25 will fit with my set up, they screw into EP's no problem but I just attach my camera via a t-ring to the focus tube.

The only thing I can think of is a 2" will screw into the t-ring, is that right?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am probably being daft here but I can't see how a 1.25 will fit with my set up, they screw into EP's no problem but I just attach my camera via a t-ring to the focus tube.

The only thing I can think of is a 2" will screw into the t-ring, is that right?

The only way I've through of to be able to do this to get a T-ring to 1.25" or 2" adapter, then put the filter on the end of the adapter.  Unless you can get one as a clip-in filter for the DSLR, but I don't think I've ever seen one.

James

Hmmm, had a rummage and can't find anything like that.

I know an adaptor is not a big thing and easy enough to get but I think I'm going to pass on the filter for now, it'll free up some space in my Christmas stocking at least.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well well. Just found out that by changing the theme from IP.Board to SGL2013 the text re-appears. It seems as though the text is white for this post on IP.Board so obviously it can't be seen on the white background  :icon_rolleyes: 

Hi Roger , Thanks for a great Post, I've just bought a Solar filter for my 80 ED, And although I've taken some Solar stuff with my old 130p, I really want to try and get some better images. And your post will help loads.

Many Thanks.

;)

• 1 year later...

Great tutorial, Roger.  Thanks much!

I've admired your images for a long time and am just beginning to tinker with White Light imaging, having some experience on the Ha side of the task.

I already have a decent f/8.3 achro refractor (120mm) with a 2x Crayford that I intend to dedicate to the task.

My intent is to use a 2" Lunt solar wedge with an ASI 174MM (or maybe an ASI120MM) monochrome cam.

(See update below.)

21 hours ago, Lowjiber said:

My intent is to use a 2" Lunt solar wedge with an ASI 174MM (or maybe an ASI120MM) monochrome cam.

To update my own post from yesterday...

After some more research, I'm heavily leaning toward the 2" Baader wedge (the photographic version).

http://agenaastro.com/baader-2-photo-herschel-prism.html

It is more expensive, but contains the extra ND filters that seem logical to me and the ceramic heat sink seems like it would be a definite advantage.

Any comments Roger?

• 1 month later...

The colourise and sharpen routine is the "Action" described in the first post.  All this means is a series of processes in Photoshop carried out one after the other - as they are always the same you can "record" them in Photoshop thus allowing one mouse click to "run" the action and perform all the processes on your image.

Looks like you have an excellent image by the way!

40 minutes ago, Bizibilder said:

The colourise and sharpen routine is the "Action" described in the first post.  All this means is a series of processes in Photoshop carried out one after the other - as they are always the same you can "record" them in Photoshop thus allowing one mouse click to "run" the action and perform all the processes on your image.

Looks like you have an excellent image by the way!

Thanks.

I was just been a little cheeky because the image in your OP directly below the heading:

'After running Bizibilder’s Action:'

shows another action that you've got to colourise & sharpen sunspots. 

I'm intrigued to know how the sunspots can be handled on their own without affecting the rest of the image. 

Regards..,

Archived