Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The only way you can really do this is through the finder. There are some posts in the imaging section by ejwwest and me and a sticky tutorial showing different ways of capturing an image. Hope that helps.

Another option is to use binoculars if you have them. I've never even attempted it with my telescope, but I have pretty easily tracked with my bins and could definitely make out some detail and shape - it's a pretty awesome sight :grin:

Not a word of a lie. I once manually tracked the ISS with a pair of 10X50 bins and conditions were so perfect that i could make out shape on it. The main body looked like a bullet but i saw two very distinct rectangle shapes (one on either side) which were obviously solar panels.

I also have a short vidoe clip of the ISS taken with my digital camera. Its just a bright light traveling across the sky.

The only way you can really do this is through the finder. There are some posts in the imaging section by ejwwest and me and a sticky tutorial showing different ways of capturing an image. Hope that helps.

Wow, I just read that thread. I reckon I will need some ninja skills setting up and manoeuvring the dob to get an image.

But you know what - I'm going to try :grin: maybe when it actually gets dark some time before 11PM.

Archived