Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ISS Saturn transit tonight

Just checked it out in Stellarium and it will be a very narrow ground track .

ISS crosses Sun in about 1 second when transiting across centre so chances of catching it are pretty remote I'd say.

Be a great shot though if you can make it .

It was a nice low horizon to horizon pass over Anglesey tonight. I did take a full set of images but being so close to sunset the exposures are pretty short to avoid burning out the sky. Tomorrows pass being an hour later should be better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Blame Apple for the typos

How you taking pics? Webcam?

Might have a go tomorrow. How do you focus? Its so bleedin quick! :D

1000D and 300mm lens on EQ3-2 mount for this one , took about 20 seconds to cross frame , camera set to 30s ,f5.6 and ISO100.

Focus on bright star and trigger shutter with 2s delay just before enters fov.

• 4 weeks later...

i still have to see this but i dont think my SW130p AZGOTO tracks/slews fast enough to be able to see this, also i can not find it in stellarium either :( normally when i click on satelittes on stellarium i get a lot of ones pop up, i click on one of them, scope slews, but by the time it slews the satellite is all ready gone lol any info to help me out would be great, thanks guys

• 4 weeks later...

Archived