Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M64 "Blackeye Galaxy"

Domis

This needs a heap more time to get something decent but the skies would not allow for that this weekend. This was taken using an ST102,Canon 1000d with 15 subs at 240 sec,Iso 800 and 9 darks applied. Nebulosity was used for preprocessing and PS used for post processing.post-13310-0-97699500-1339962531_thumb.j

Thanks for the comments everyone. This was the first time I've used Neb3 to process an image and found that after processing there was tons of green in the image. I'm not very good yet with post processing in PS and found it a bit difficult to tone down all that green. Is there a way to keep the green down while using Neb3? For comparison I processed the same image in DSS and the resulting image had far less green in it. This is the image using DSS with default settings.post-13310-0-01556200-1340071352_thumb.j

The way to get the colour balance right in PS is to use Image > Adjustments > Levels on individual R G B histograms - set the black level just below the start of the histogram for each colour ie. just to the left of where the histogram rises above the baseline.

Thanks Michael.

Gina,Keiran I'll give your suggestions a try on this image as soon as I'm done working on a shot of the Leo Triplet which I'm currently applying your suggestions. Thanks.

Archived