Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Have sent a message to the person who set up mine to give you advice. I run icom along side speclab.

I know my icom is set to around 143.50, but sepclab settings I will wait for guidance on what to suggest to you.

Kate

• Like 1

Have sent a message to the person who set up mine to give you advice. I run icom along side speclab.

I know my icom is set to around 143.50, but sepclab settings I will wait for guidance on what to suggest to you.

Kate

Great thanks thats brill.

http://565012.xobor.com/

is a good place to go for assistance until I get a response. They have a fuller understanding of programs and different functions.

Edited by NLO
  • Like 1

What would be best to tune fm frequency to from where i am middlesbrough uk

it be some amsterdam radio station if i'm correct what you suggest.

i found list of amsterdam radio's like and just tested me little radio with dx switch

and no local station feeding through

92.3 shall test this with fm scatter software's

http://tunein.com/radio/Amsterdam-c58880/

Edited by Stargazing_Cliff

Installed that spec lab :)

just testing with any station at moment sort me wire out for it as have radio's upstairs and computer downstairs where i shall monitor and test different radio's

capt1208020955.jpg

Have a doc with screen shots, but wont load here, Will try to PM it to you

• Like 1

Is that around 50-55 mhz on fm mode say i was using me moonraker scanner.

i have tuned it now to around that.

or set on the spec lab min 50 and then max 55

Thats what they are experimenting with as a setting for radio receiver, as an alternative to GRAVES which is 143.5

I just move me moonraker radio and mini radio with dx switch to area thats away from computer noise interfierence and put me vhf rabbit ears in loft :) and just made long audio jack lead to me computer downstairs got audio connecting to me Numark dj mixer gives me extra cut out noise kill switch settings

so i can cut out treble, middle and bass it's working great with me little radio set up now for frequency to tune to now and set this meteor scanner software's ready for the meteor showers and other stuff that mite detect.

Can someone re edit this image mark where i shud put me turning dial to for meteor's on me moonraker does and have to switch it to FM mode

or shud i use me mini pocket radio with the dx switch on.

scanner.jpg

Still testing that spec lab first time seen it curl like sweep wounder what that could been :)

has moonraker on around 50 mhz fm probably not exact

capt1208041809.jpg

50MHz is an amateur radio band, and at this time there is still a lot of sporadic "E" around to bounce the signals from Europe, also the 6 metre (50MHz) band is affected by high pressure areas of weather, that also bounce the signals.

:grin:

50MHz is an amateur radio band, and at this time there is still a lot of sporadic "E" around to bounce the signals from Europe, also the 6 metre (50MHz) band is affected by high pressure areas of weather, that also bounce the signals.

:grin:

Do i just put that dial to just below that 88mhz from normal fm mode and just leave it on listening and them software's detect out :)

I'll tune that mini pocket radio with dx switch on the crown world receiever crm1 which has digital display of frequency probably tune to around 87.1 or bit higher

thats antenna is connected to me long wire have in garden and some made up rabbit ears.

also i'll connect moonraker with rabbit ears thats in loft will connect tune that to around that 50 or bit higher mark and just have 2 computers with some meteor scatter softwares running :)

and then get results few hours later.

will test them within week before meteor shower stuffs

trying to sort some audio cables out if they too long sometimes effects radio

created some cables like 1 is allready sorted ready for dx radio.

just need to sort me moonraker out sort it away from computer interfierence's

Wow i actually seen streak of meteor persuids :) awesome it was so fast!!!

so had to check speclab see if captured out and amazingly it did captured quite few

will make animation later on in day. that was time around 12:30am my time speclabs time allways shows hour behind.

431982_10151157437167288_513440481_n.jpg

All images from me speclab experiements during night of persuieds

I know some peaks electrical stuffs and some maybe meteors :) epic animations i do.

meteorsani2012.gif

Was tuned to this area on moonraker fm/tv1 switched on

radiotuned1.jpg

You've got it in the wrong place cliff, put it on air and leave the dial where it is, this is what a meteor looks like on the display

bign.jpg

borrowed from gepetto on astro chat.

Edited by Auntystatic
  • Like 1