Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bresser 90mm Refractor ?

Looking at te link , I would go for the Bresser, its got a good mount and a very good set of eyepieces ( 4x ) and a barlow .

With the others you get only 2 eyepieces .

I am sure all these scopes are made by the same factory in China by Synta , to the same of very similer specifations , Its a nice scope , well made with good accesiores .

Brian.

Thanks Jules , I knew they were Chinese , and yes I have read a lot on Hi Optic and there gear gets good reviews .

I would like one if I did not already have to many scopes .

Brian.

refractor fans tend to collect fracs, get the collection started :grin:

Bresser is the same company as Meade. Its just the European branch of the company.

My 1st scope was a 90mm Celestron on an EQ mount and to be honest i paid about the same price in euros for it as this scope costs.

Looks ok to me. I'd say go for it.

My one concern is the company selling it. They get very mixed reactions from people who use them. I used them once and wasnt too happy.

What's the F/L of this scope?

Bresser is the same company as Meade. Its just the European branch of the company.

My 1st scope was a 90mm Celestron on an EQ mount and to be honest i paid about the same price in euros for it as this scope costs.

Looks ok to me. I'd say go for it.

My one concern is the company selling it. They get very mixed reactions from people who use them. I used them once and wasnt too happy.

What's the F/L of this scope?

I think it's 900mm

I doubt there would be much difference optically between this scope and the Skywatcher equivalent. It comes with quite a lot of accessories so might be worth a punt on that basis although the price would get you an 8" F/6 dobsonian which would out perform the 90mm refractor by a considerable margin, especially on deep sky objects.

In the 1980's and 1990's Bresser refractors were re-badged Vixen's from Japan and really excellent but those days are long gone. As has been said, Bresser are linked to Meade these days.

I've owned the Bresser 127L 127mm F/9.3 refractor and that was a pretty good achromat.

It's being replaced by the Messier 90/900 EXOS 1 but someone may have stock of the old MON 1 version. Don't think there's any real difference in the mounts other than the colour.

Decent optics, but the focuser body and lens cell are plastic. However the focuser when new is surprisingly smooth. Also they've gone to a plastic clamshell instead of tube rings. I believe the tube is about 86mm ID and replacement focusers have a 87mm flange so a little bit of work needed to make one fit.

John

Archived