Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mammut Guide / Imaging Camera

Earl

With my QHY6 dying last week I decided to pick up a new guide camera, I was torn between the QHY IMGOH, Lodestar and Mammut, as they are all priced so close that didn't help either, but decided to go the Mammut route.

In the Box is:

ST4 Lead

USB Lead

Cigar Power Lead

Manual

Driver Disk (all out of date, nothing new there) I downloaded all the latest drivers following Berns advice on purchase.

The camera has a T-Thread nose and is supplied with a 1.25" adapter, I decided to stick with T-Thread and have used 2x 30mm extensions, I have not had chance to set focus yet.

Installation went ok, dont forget to install the Ascom driver as I did at first.... I connected up to PHD selected camera and all was working fine.

Build Quality is great the sockets for all the connections are nice and secure and inset into the body for a snug fit.

Im just waiting for a clear night to do a real test.

post-6688-0-77673200-1339706457_thumb.jp

post-6688-0-42977200-1339706469_thumb.jp

Looks interesting- see how it compares to the QHY6?

It should be way more sensative, I have had the odd cant find a star with the qhy6, hopefully thast a thing of the past now :)

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Not sure if you're still following this topic anyone, but I'm struggling with my Mammut and PHD. I've got ASCOM, downloaded and installed the drivers. However, when I boot PHD and select a camera there's a problem. I go to 'ASCOM' camera, as Mammut doesn't appear on the PHD list, and it can't find a camera. When I look at my ASCOM profile page, the Mammut doesn't appear on the drop-down list of camera drivers, and yet my PC keeps telling me the installation of the driver is successful!!??

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance,

Stef

Hi Stef,

Ensure you have the latest drivers from Brightstar. Also, are you using a usb hub. The Mammut doesn't

work with them very well.

In PHD guide 2x2 binned. My Mammut froze on a couple of occasions guiding at 1x1.

cheers

Steve

If you're using a hub make sure its a powerful one and running on the mains I had that issue with mine. They arw great for guiding but a tad overkill I do like them though. As said above make sure you have updated driver's

• 3 months later...

Hi Stef,

Ensure you have the latest drivers from Brightstar. Also, are you using a usb hub. The Mammut doesn't

work with them very well.

In PHD guide 2x2 binned. My Mammut froze on a couple of occasions guiding at 1x1.

cheers

Steve

Hi,

How do,you set it to 2x2 binned, in PHD, I have the Mammut too, just bought it for guiding

Hope you are still following this topic

Olly

• 2 weeks later...

Archived