SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Problem with Synscan Directional Keys

Hello,

I seem to be having an issue with my EQ6 Pro and it's Directional keys on the Synscan handset. (Also in EQMod and with Gamepad)

Been playing with my newly acquired EQ6 Synscan but I can not make the mount move when trying to manually move it with either the synscan handset using the directional keys or when in EQMod using the onscreen directional keys or even a connect gamepad.

For example with the Synscan handset, plug it into the mount and turn on. Enter setup routine and enter details. Then do a 2 star alignment. Choose a star and the mount slews, once it stops the handset allows you to tweak the position using the directional keys however no mater if I press the up,down,left,right the mount does not move.

Another example in EQMod/CdC I slew to a target, then using the EQMod onscreen keys or the gamepad the mount does not adjust it's position.

Is there something I have done wrong or missed out or need to reread a section of the manual. I know the directional keys do not work during an actual slew but once it's finished slewing then the directional keys should be active.

Thanks

Handset is v3.27

Mount powered by fully charged 110Ah battery

I'm with Peter on this, I think you have too slow a slew rate. In EQMOD, look under 'Slew Controls' and you will see two vertical sliders and a selector arrow - use the selector arrow to select '3' - this will show sufficient movement for you.

Thanks, that all works.

It's very daughting being on your own with loads of equipment you have never seen before that you are trying to fathom out how it works works as alot of the instructions just don't explain things enough.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

Thanks, that all works.

It's very daughting being on your own with loads of equipment you have never seen before that you are trying to fathom out how it works works as alot of the instructions just don't explain things enough.

Thanks

Thanks, also found this very usfull and exact same position. very daunting :)

• 8 years later...

Just to clarify, both EQMOD and the handset default to the slowest speed.  If you set the handset to speed 9, or set the speed value to the right of the NSEW button in EQMOD to 4 this will slew at maximum rates when the directional buttons are pressed

• 2 months later...