SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Darwin Australia

Brian Nordstrom

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks every one for the warm welcome , Makes me feel good .

On the observing front , we the DAGS ( Darwin astro Group ) have a dark sky night tomorrow night 16th , and I am looking forward to that , as some members have 20 and 22inch Dobs , and mate you gotta see the views of the night sky thru these out under pitch black outback skies .. YE HA .

I will be hacving a long and detailed study of saturn thru my 127mm Triplet APO at high powes , between going deep with the large dobs.

I will report .

Brian .

Hi Brian,

Another welcome !

Got to say ..... "love those Telementor's". I was fortunate to acquire one reciently, and even though there was a 500+ mile trip involved, it was worth the drive and every penny.

Six months dry & six months rainy sounds great compared to what seems like 11 months of rain here in the UK. Looking forward to hearing about your dark sky adventures down south.

Cheers

g'day Brian and welcome from another aussie (although living in the uk now). i'll be back down under in july/august so see if you can't sort some descent weather for me :grin:

Hi Brian,

Another welcome !

Got to say ..... "love those Telementor's". I was fortunate to acquire one reciently, and even though there was a 500+ mile trip involved, it was worth the drive and every penny.

Six months dry & six months rainy sounds great compared to what seems like 11 months of rain here in the UK. Looking forward to hearing about your dark sky adventures down south.

Cheers

Yes you are right there , our Telementors are special scopes , I love the views mine gives of the moon , better than all my other scope , just so ....well?...

Special , totally natural .

I love mine as well .

Brian.

g'day Brian and welcome from another aussie (although living in the uk now). i'll be back down under in july/august so see if you can't sort some descent weather for me :grin:

Hi Auspom , hope you get some stargazing in when you are back home , the weather should be settled by that time .

We had a dark sky night last night here in Darwin ,about 50km south at Humpty Do and mate easly mag 6.5-7 skies , I got lost in the Crux/Centarus and Scorpio/ Saggitarus regions there were that many stars , nebular seen with the naked eye , beautiful , horizon to horizon it was mind blowing . Omege Centari was so bright and the coal sack was pitch black mate it was awsome .

Brian.

Hi Auspom , hope you get some stargazing in when you are back home , the weather should be settled by that time .

We had a dark sky night last night here in Darwin ,about 50km south at Humpty Do and mate easly mag 6.5-7 skies , I got lost in the Crux/Centarus and Scorpio/ Saggitarus regions there were that many stars , nebular seen with the naked eye , beautiful , horizon to horizon it was mind blowing . Omege Centari was so bright and the coal sack was pitch black mate it was awsome .

Brian.

Mate, sounds great although i'm not sure i'll get the same views from wollongong, what with the glow of the steelworks :embarassed: we will be getting out bush for a few days (Temora) to catch up with some relo's and my uncles farm is about 50 km from his nearest neighbour.probably have to be content with bins though as my wife and daughter will take up the lions share of the suitcases.

Archived