SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

ADM Losmandy saddle

Yes, the puck supplied by ADM for the new NEQ6 is too large, by about a tenth of a millimetre.

The ADM dual mount puck, which doesn't fit, is 75.93mm

The original Skywatcher puck, which fits "easily" is 75.74mm

The corresponding piece on the mount would appear to be around 75.89mm

Almost there, but not quite.

FLO recently sent me a machined puck, but unfortunately the saddle is attached to the puck by Imperial allen bolts - which I could not undo until today when my cheap 3/16 allen key arrived in a set from Amazon.

I've just set it up - it feels more solid and also smoother than the original. It's longer too.

FLO have spoken to ADM about it, I believe. I am not the only one who has had the problem.

My ADM puck was a heck of a tight fit in the mount, and took a far bit of "persuasion" with a rubber mallet to fit. Brute force and ignorance has a lot to recommend it :grin::shocked:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My problem was about 2 months ago, but I received a machined puck 1 month ago (which fits). It looks like someone with a lathe has skimmed it slightly. This has been fed back to ADM.

You'll have to ask FLO if new ones are now being sent out directly by ADM.

Archived