SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Polar Finder Illumination

Hi All

does anybody know how to control the brightness of the Polar scope fitted inside the HEQ5Pro mount via EQMOD or even the HC! can you flash the Alt Az Goto mount Hand set to the HEQ5 Skytrak

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

The nount is the reintroduced Syntrek HEQ5 PRO and it has the inbuilt polar scope with illumination .. could you guide me to the EQMOD software that I need

Many Thanks All

Robertt

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Chris!

Basically you need a handset. I have a NEQ6 and HEQ5, the latter just with an EQDIR cable.

What I did was simply switch the cable attached to the NEQ handset (a com port type connector) for a 'network' type cable that fits the HEQ, and I could use the utility function to dim the bright display. Once dimmed, it stays dimmed.

Until I realised how easy it was to fix, I was thinking I would need to find a fellow SGer nearby and borrow a handset. So, do you have access to a handset? If not, where do u live?

I tried EQdimmer with my HEQ5, it's hooked up through EQmod to my laptop. It didn't work, tried different values and pressing 'set level', but the brightness didn't change at all. The program seems very simple, only had a slider with values ranging from 0-250, but no connection options or anything, just a button 'set level'. Am I right in assuming it should work after I've connected EQmod to my mount, established that the connection is fine then adjusting the slider and pressing set level?

btw I could not find it on the Yahoo Group site, I don't remember where I found the .exe though.

Here's a pic of the application:

post-28221-0-92789200-1386025514.png:

Archived